Location: Los Angeles, California
Internal Number: HRC1181516
When the work you do every single day has a crucial impact on the lives of others, every effort, every detail, and every second matters.
This shared culture of happiness, passion, and dedication pulses through Cedars-Sinai, and it’s just one of the many reasons we rank as one of the top hospitals in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. From working with a team of committed healthcare professionals to using state-of-the-art facilities, you’ll have everything necessary do something incredible—for yourself and for others.
The Grant & Contract Officer (GCO), as a member of the centralized office of Research Administration (ORA), is responsible for providing Principal Investigators (PI) accurate and comprehensive pre- and post-award administration of research awards and clinical trials in furtherance of the strategic vision to create outstanding translational and clinical research in a dynamic environment for medical education.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Represents CSHS in routine negotiations of the budget and in other contractual elements binding the institution. May work closely with Legal Affairs and Risk Management attorneys to ensures that the agreed upon conditions adequately meet PI and CSHS requirements.
- Communicate with assigned PIs and departments regarding any developments, according to their professional judgments, that requires administrative action to ensure compliance of agency requirements.
- On an ongoing basis monitors transactions on the account for adherence to the policies of CSHS and the granting agency.
- Identifies appropriate costs, including medical center and indirect costs, and maximizes budget justification strategies.
- Responsible for closeout of awards as required by CSHS and agency policies to ensures that records are maintained in the Archive File as required by the funding agency and CSHS.
- Participates in CSMC performance improvement and quality assurance processes, as needed to keep CSHS a world class research institute and destination for world renowned research scientists.
- Understands and utilizes systems that are not limited to accounting, grant processing, purchasing, human resources, and data systems to assist in the preparation and submission of proposals, contracts, and sponsor reporting.
- Utilizes and is proficient in OnCore, Grants.gov, Proposal Central, NIH eRA Commons, and NSF Fastlane in order to conduct in-service training and seminars for PIs and their staff.
High School Diploma/GED required
Bachelor's Degree -Business, Sciences, or Liberal Arts preferred
1 Year independent administration of research grants and contracts in a central administration office or the equivalent. Experience with the policies and procedures of granting agencies as well as the institutional purchasing, personnel and accounting systems. Working Title:
CTAO Contract OfficerDepartment:
Grant And Contract SvcsBusiness Entity:
Academic / ResearchJob Category:
Contract & Grant Budgeting/FundingPosition Type:
8 hour shiftShift Type:
$74,800.00 - $115,900.00