Provide administrative and secretarial support to all members of the Office of the General Counsel. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Office, including but not limited to screening and directing phone calls and incoming mail, coordinating meetings and schedules, reconciling accounts, assisting Attorneys and Paralegal(s) with collecting basic legal and factual information, and maintaining records and files. The Lehigh community takes seriously our commitment to antiracism and The Principles of our Equitable Community.
1. Provide executive-level secretarial and office administration support services to all members of the Office of General Counsel *Greet and assist visitors *Screen and direct telephone calls *Receive and process incoming mail *Monitor designated office email accounts and manage inquiries, ensuring accurate and timely distribution to the appropriate individuals for resolution *Make and organize office files and develop/assist with document management generally *Conduct basic legal and other research *Provide Notary Public services on behalf of the office and the institution *Provide back-up administrative support to the Office of Risk Management, as assigned *Handle petty cash, postage, etc.
2. Coordinate meetings and events *Schedule and maintain electronic calendars of appointments and meetings with all relevant information *Reserve and prepare meeting facilities; exercising initiative and judgment in anticipating meeting needs and logistics *Make travel arrangements and monitor travel expenses *Assist with and support all elements of a new hire search process, including correspondence with potential candidates, scheduling interviews and preparing itineraries
3. Special projects and committee assignments *Manage and oversee the Pennsylvania Act 153 background check process for faculty hired prior to January 1, 2015, and other groups as assigned; this includes ordering checks, tracking, outreach and data entry in University systems; respond to all questions and issues arising from the process *Provide assistance to the office of the Equal Opportunity Compliance Coordinator by handling form letters, routine inquiries and tracking office responses and deadlines *Attend Business Manager and Library and Technology Services Staff liaison meetings *Handle projects and serve on committees, as assigned
4. Prepare documents, written communications and update website *Enter project information and updates to office project log *Manage the contract review process: assign contract review submissions, track assignments through completion, provide status updates to clients and follow up on fully executed document(s) *Compose and/or edit correspondence, memoranda and other documents *Create reports, graphs, charts and presentations using established content *Make copies and scan documents *Post and make changes to materials/links on office website
5. Monitor supplies, equipment and office *Order supplies and maintain appropriate inventory *Make arrangements for equipment maintenance *Arrange for office maintenance and operational/technical support services
6. Provide budget and accounting support *Process payment of law firm and other bills, purchase orders and purchase requisitions *Monitor budget and maintain basic financial records while ensuring that allocations are assigned to correct indexes and account codes *Audit and reconcile all expense report transactions for office staff and own account in accordance with University travel and expense policies *Prepare report summaries from retrieved information *Compile budget information into spreadsheets *Track expenditures to budget *Prepare status reports regarding the budget, expenditures, anticipated overages and monthly reconciliation with the Budget Office
7. Provide support to General Counsel in role as Corporate Secretary of the Board of Trustees *Correspond with members of the Board of Trustees, as necessary *Gather and organize information for board mailings *Type minutes and other board-related documents
Position Number: S77840
The duties of this position may allow the employee to work partially remote as deemed appropriate by their supervisor
Associates Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
Three to five years related work experience
Experience in a legal office environment preferred
Experience as a notary public beneficial
Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and a high level of customer service required
Exceptional writing ability and attention to detail
Excellent organizational skills, time management and sound judgment
Exercise discretion and maintain confidentiality in carrying out responsibilities
Excellent computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
Successful completion of standard background checks including but not limited to: social security verification, education verification, national criminal background checks, motor vehicle checks, PATCH, FBI fingerprinting, Child Abuse Clearance and credit history based upon the requirements of the position
All Lehigh faculty and staff are required to be fully vaccinated and receive a booster shot six months after their second vaccine; unless they receive an approved medical or religious exemption from the requirement.
Only complete applications will be considered therefore please complete the application in its entirety. Once the posting is removed from the website applications may no longer be allowed to be completed.
Lehigh is a premier residential research university, ranked in the top tier of national research universities each year. We are a coeducational, nondenominational, private university that offers a distinct academic environment of undergraduate and graduate students from across the globe.