For more than 100 years, our passionate mission of safety empowers us to protect lives.
MSA Safety is a global leader in the development of safety equipment and pioneering technology that helps protect people and facility infrastructures around the world. We are committed to providing the latest in innovative, best-in class safety solutions that feature integrated systems capability and allow our customers to return safely to their families and friends. Every day our customers place their lives in our hands. In response, we provide them with protection they can trust. It is gratifying to lead the way as a source of inspiration. Would you like to join our team of more than 5,000 employees world-wide dedicated to this purpose? We hope so.
The Corporate Governance Specialist position resides in the Corporate Secretary’s Office and plays a leading role in the corporate governance affairs for the Company. Among other duties, this role:
• Maintains thought leadership, knowledge and expertise on current governance trends, best practices, benchmarking and regulatory developments. This includes monitoring ratings and voting guidelines for the Company’s top institutional shareholders and proxy advisory services.
• Administers the Company’s cloud-based portal for Board of Directors and committee materials. This also includes assembling board of directors and committee meeting materials, leading the preparation of the Company’s nominating and corporate governance committee meeting materials, maintaining the board’s director information repository, deploying questionnaires to directors and officers, and other responsibilities.
• Coordinates the Company’s board, committee and annual shareholders meeting administration processes. This includes setting the board’s annual calendar, coordinating director compensation, conducting corporate governance benchmarking and research, preparing board-level summaries, maintaining the annual shareholders meeting calendar and other responsibilities.
• Coordinates various legal and regulatory processes, including SEC stock transaction reporting (Form 4 reporting), completing periodic NYSE filings, overseeing the Company’s transfer agent and assisting in the preparation of the annual proxy statement. The role also monitors stock ownership for key insiders to ensure compliance with stock ownership rules and trading policies, while administering the Company’s insider stock pre-clearance process.
• Oversees maintenance of an entity management database, serves as the Law Department contact for the Company’s affiliate corporate governance compliance process, and supports business requests by providing notarial services, apostilles and legalized documents.
Special Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
• Solid oral, written and interpersonal skills. • Solid knowledge of SEC regulations as it relates to stock filings. • Excellent organizational skills. • Proven ability to work well autonomously and within a team of fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment. • Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
• Associate’s degree in business or related field.
• 3 years experience supporting preparation of a company’s annual proxy and other SEC filings.
• Experience with SEC filings including Form 3,4 and 5’s for Section 16 insider reporting requirements.
• A bachelor's degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or related field.
• Paralegal certificate.
• Pennsylvania Notary appointment.
• Experience in stock transactions and SEC reporting.
MSA is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to providing a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. As such, it is MSA's policy not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of the person's age, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, veteran's status, genetic information, political affiliation, disabling condition, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. MSA also makes reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities who are otherwise qualified to perform a job unless such accommodations would impose an undue hardship. If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation to assist you in navigating this career site, let us know.Contact Us MSA is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities/Females/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
JobTarget is a company dedicated to helping job seekers and employers connect. We are a team of 175+ who are passionate about improving online job search. This focus has allowed us to earn the opportunity to serve thousands of companies and millions of job seekers each month. We are proud and grateful for the opportunity to help them.
We’ve never been one of those high-flying startups, raising gazillions of dollars, and plastering our ads on TV and radio. Instead we’ve focused on developing the best products, growing slowly, and maintaining the highest level of service we can for our customers and users. We understand that every day we need to earn their trust – and we take that to heart.
Thank you for visiting us and learning a little bit about us. Hopefully, you too will find some value in JobTarget’s services and will give us the opportunity to serve you as well.