Executive Director of the Gardner-Webb University Bulldog Club
Location: Boiling Springs, North Carolina
Required Education: 4 Year Degree
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Gardner-Webb University seeks an experienced and highly motivated individual to become the next Executive Director of the Bulldog Club. GWU’s Bulldog Club is the primary fundraising organization supporting more than 600 student-athletes who compete in 22 NCAA Division-I sports. Reporting directly to the Vice President for Advancement, the Executive Director is tasked with increasing Bulldog Club membership and philanthropic gifts from among the University’s 35,000 alumni, its community friends, and corporate partners.
The Executive Director will
- Understand and demonstrate a clear commitment to helping build championship athletic programs at a growth-oriented, private Christian University.
- Design, lead, and implement fundraising strategies that increase support from alumni, parents, faculty/staff, students and friends of the Gardner-Webb.
- Effectively grow and manage a portfolio of donors and prospective donors who have an affinity for athletic programs.
- Lead and manage a team that focuses on expanding athletic philanthropy, booster participation, and athletic sponsorships.
- Serve as a liaison between University Advancement and Athletics to prioritize needs and implement donor-centric strategies.
- Oversee the planning of special events, including home and away event receptions (travel required).
- Provide oversight of the Bulldog Club volunteer board.
- Manage distribution of all Bulldog Club merchandise and benefits, including oversight of the season ticket process for Bulldog Club members.
- Ensure quality stewardship and communication for members at all levels of giving.
- Represent the University positively and professionally as a public ambassador.
- Support the mission and values of the University.
- Fulfill other duties as assigned by the Vice President for Advancement or the President.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s Degree required.
At least three years of full-time professional experience working in Advancement or a similar profession, with priority given to experience in Athletics.
Experience working in a results-driven environment and meeting quantitative goals.
Appetite and enthusiasm for high-volume discovery work
Exemplary oral and written communications skills
Strong organizational skills with a focus for detail