Location: North Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Masters
Internal Number: 115325
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.
We welcome applications from all qualified job seekers. If you are a job seeker with a disability, please let us know as adjustments can be made to help support you in delivering your best performance.
Be a part of shaping the future of risk management at ICBC.
ICBC is one of BC’s largest corporations and one of Canada’s largest property and casualty (P&C) insurers with annual written premiums of $4.8 billion and $24.2 billion in assets.
We have an interesting opportunity for an experienced Risk Consultant who will bring a wealth of knowledge and enterprise risk expertise to our professional team.
Reporting to the Chief Risk Officer, the Risk Consultant will provide risk management advice to the business in the effective use of risk intelligence to drive better decisions.
Recognizing the need for sophisticated internal risk capabilities, our Enterprise Risk Management Department is currently rolling out the modernized Enterprise Risk Management Framework to better align to ICBC’s 2025 corporate strategy. We are seeking an independent critical thinker, who can also effectively collaborate with other key stakeholders to manage and identify enterprise risks across the organization. In this role, you will drive a culture of creatively, innovation, and collaboration. Direct interactions with the senior leadership team are the norm.
To be successful in the role, you will excel in building strong working relationships across all levels of the organization and the constructively guide management on governance, risk, and controls.
What would your day look like in this role?
• Work with business leaders to assess operational risks as well as manage and identify emerging risks and escalate to executive or senior management as necessary;
• Participate in the risk and control assessment workshops, involving management at different levels of the organization; discerning any risks that may interfere with the objective of the business;
• Provide advice to business divisions in building data analytics and maintaining risk dashboard report including tactical key risk indicators (KRI) and its associated appetite, tolerance and response plans;
• Manage risk advisory towards business strategy and major projects/initiatives to add value on risk identification and controls design;
• Direct risk and controls consulting assignment managing a team of co-functional professional to drive value and improve the successful outcome of enterprise-level initiatives and transformation.
• Actively promote education and conduct training on operational risk management topics, particularly accountability of risk and control ownership at the business unit level and roles and responsibilities for the 3 lines of defense.
• Support the rollout of Enterprise Risk Management Framework across the organization.
• Other duties as the role may require.
What we offer:
• Competitive Salary & Benefits: We are committed to providing industry competitive salary and benefits.
• Continuous Training: We offer continuous in-house training to ensure you are equipped with the knowledge to be successful in your role.
• Hybrid of On-site and Working from Home: We offer flexible working arrangements as we continue to support our employees in balancing their career and family commitments.
• COVID-19 safety protocols: We comply with WorkSafeBC and the health authorities of British Columbia to ensure your safety and wellbeing.
• Engaging Culture: We promote an inclusive and diverse work environment.
• Bachelors or Masters degree in Business, Finance, Risk Management and/or Process Engineering.
• Applicable designations (CPA, CRISC, CIA) or other relevant designations would be an asset.
• 8+ years of relevant enterprise risk experience.
• In-depth knowledge of the principles, concepts and practices of risk management in areas of Enterprise, Operational and/or others (insurance, actuarial, financial risks etc.).
• Knowledge of other principle, theories, concepts and practice of the risk management field and related corporate governance.
• Understanding of how key risks and controls impact the business from an operational, strategic, insurance and financial perspective.
• Solid business knowledge in financial institution and/or relevant industries would be desired.
• Effective oral and written communication, interpersonal, organizational, strategic thinking and problem solving skills required.
• Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using well developed discretion and judgement.
• Knowledge of the standards and practices of change management and/or internal audit team.
At ICBC, it’s our job to make sure the car insurance system works for all British Columbians, today and in the future. If you want
to make the most of your skills and expertise while growing your career, we want you. A career at ICBC is an opportunity to be
part of a talented, diverse and inclusive team that is driven to serve its customers and community. You can expect a competitive
salary, comprehensive benefits and a collaborative work environment. If you are reliable and dependable, contact us today to be
part of our talented and diverse team as we work together to create an insurance system we can all be proud of.