Our client is a dynamic electric vehicle company that is seeking an attorney who will focus on all corporate governance/securities legal issues. This person will interact with senior management on a regular basis and we are seeking an entrepreneurial attorney to join their team.
Responsibilities for this role include the following:
• Drive the preparation and filing of SEC Section 16 beneficial ownership reports (Forms 3, 4, and 5)
• Ensure all filings are in compliance with applicable laws and regulations (10-Ks, 10Qs, proxy statements, etc.)
• Legal support for financing activities and all capital markets activity.
• Provide legal oversight for Company’s equity administration function.
• Assist with corporate secretary duties, including preparation of meeting minutes, preparation for board meetings and annual shareholder meeting.
• Assist with business development and transactional matters, including agreement drafting and review, due diligence, integration.
• Cultivate strong partnership with Finance team and other business stakeholders in support of cross-functional, strategic priorities.
• Work collaboratively and creatively with business stakeholders in identifying, assessing and mitigating risk.
• Develop and implement the policies and procedures related to legal matters and regulatory affairs
• Ensure company compliance with securities regulations and corporate governance requirements
• Manage outside counsel and outside legal expenses
Applicants must have the following qualifications in order to be considered:
• A strong academic record from top schools
• Six to fifteen years of legal experience, including significant securities and corporate governance experience with a major law firm or corporate environment
About The PeterSan Group
In 1994, Sandrea Friedman, Peter Goldfeder and Peter Gosule founded The PeterSan Group, one of the nation’s premier legal search and consulting firms. We are a full service legal search firm, placing attorneys in all facets of the legal market. Our team of experienced legal search consultants services all our clients’ hiring needs in a professional and timely manner.
Our unique depth of expertise with in-house recruiting means that we understand the qualities that make for a successful in-house attorney in particular, as well as the different requirements between practicing in a firm and practicing in-house. The candidates we introduce for in-house roles are selected with this in mind.
We have a proven track record of placing associates in high-caliber in house roles, as well as helping associates plan the right lateral move to another firm. Our decades of experience, working with attorneys at each stage of their careers, helps you plan for your next steps with the benefit of that market knowledge.