Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for
Toyota Financial Service’s Corporate Legal department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Managing Counsel, Global & Technology, Transactions.
The primary responsibility of this role is to provide strategic advice on a broad array of complex corporate transactions and corporate governance.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel the person in this role will support the Legal department's objective to effectively partner and manage our global and mobility relationships.
What you’ll be doing
* Advise on and manage transactions and projects in one or more other practice areas. Depending on background and experience, these areas may include: * International Operations * Corporate governance related to global affiliates
* Global shared services agreements
* International treasury/capital market issues
* Global affiliate and third-party agreements related to international products & services
* Major transactions/deals, e.g., M&A, licensing, collaborations with affiliates or third parties * Work collaboratively in a cross-functional group, such as risk, operations, finance/treasury, accounting and tax, to evaluate potential transactions and identify appropriate transaction structure(s)
* Advise business units of risks associated with a transaction/proposed terms and identifying risk mitigation strategies
* Negotiate and draft transaction/deal documents including but not limited to: Master Agreements, NDAs, Statements of Work, Complex License Agreements, and Technology Agreements for SaaS Solutions * Advise on issues relating to U.S. and non-U.S. financial industry regulations, with a particular focus on Payments, Money Transmission, Regulation E and UDAAP * Advise on other matters/other practice areas as assigned
What you bring
* Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (or higher)
* J.D. from accredited law school in the United States
* Admitted to the US state bar and in good standing.
* Experience post law school
* Ability to prioritize among competing and multiple projects and priorities with minimal direction
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on diverse matters requiring complex legal analysis
* Commitment and ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
* Ability to interface effectively and build and maintain strong relationships with the legal function and across multiple business units, ideally including global business units
* Capable of working independently and as part of a team
* Strong written and communication skills
* Exceptional detail and organizational skills
Added bonus if you have
* In-house legal department experience helpful
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://toyotafinancialservices.contacthr.com/78153727