Who we are Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.
Who we’re looking for Toyota’s Toyota Financial Services' (TFS) Legal Department is looking for a passionate and highly motivated Managing Counsel, Securities.
The Toyota Financial Services' Legal Department is looking for a seasoned, passionate and motivated attorney with experience in U.S. securities law and corporate governance. This attorney will be part of the Securities Transactions Group within the Legal Department and will primarily advise on matters relating to securities and corporate finance transactions, public company reporting and corporate governance. The primary client business groups will include Treasury, Accounting, SEC Reporting and Corporate Communications.
Ideally, the attorney will also have experience in one or more of the other areas handled by the Securities Transactions Group, and the ability and desire to develop expertise in new areas. The person in this position will not only oversee and manage transactions, but also interface with business groups to advise on strategy, compliance and risk assessment. This role reports to the Assistant General Counsel.
What you’ll be doing Advise on and manage Treasury transactions and projects, including: * Public and private unsecured debt offerings in the U.S., Europe and Japan * Public and private asset-backed securitizations * Syndicated and bilateral unsecured credit facilities and loans * Investor relations matters * Derivatives transactions * Development and implementation of measures and policies necessary to comply with securities and derivatives laws/regulations and other financial institution regulatory matters * Broker-dealer legal issues Advise with respect to public company reporting and other regulatory and stock exchange requirements, including: * Periodic reporting in the United States, EU and Japan * Other regulatory and stock exchange requirements * Securitization-related periodic filings and securitization-related compliance matters Advise with respect to public company reporting and other regulatory and stock exchange requirements, including: * Preparing board and shareholder meetings, consents, and minutes * Partnering with cross-functional teams for financial reporting governance -related matters * Building governance policies and best practices with recommendations that balance governance needs and company goals What you bring
* Bachelor of Arts or Science degree (or higher)
* Juris Doctorate (JD) degree
* Relevant work experience in a large law firm
* Admitted to any U.S. state bar and able to obtain license to practice law in Texas
* Exceptional detail and organizational skills
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment on diverse matters requiring complex legal analysis
* Commitment and ability to act with discretion, strict confidentiality and sensitivity towards issues and individuals
* Ability to understand perspective of clients when finding solutions
* Capable of working independently and as part of a team
* Strong written and communication skills
* Ability to interface effectively and build and maintain strong relationships across multiple business units
Added bonus if you have
* In house legal department experience
What we’ll bring
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
* A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility and respect
* Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement
* Vehicle purchase & lease programs
* Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family
* Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable)
* Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute
* Paid holidays and paid time off
* Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, child care, schools and more
* Flexible spending accounts
* Relocation assistance (if applicable)
What you should know
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business. Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Check out the How to Apply section of our careers page on Toyota.com
To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: https://toyotafinancialservices.contacthr.com/77344726