Requisition ID # 51940
Job Category : Government and Regulatory Relations
Job Level : Manager/Principal
Business Unit: General Counsel
Job Location : San Francisco
The Corporate Secretary’s office provides support and advice to the Boards of Directors of PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company, Board committees, and senior management on matters related to corporate governance, and provides corporate compliance, reporting, and shareholder services for both companies.
The successful candidate will have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, and project management skills. He or she also must have strong client focus and attention to detail.
This position is responsible for Board of Directors and Board committee support, activities relating to the annual meeting of shareholders, corporate governance activities, and activities to ensure compliance with various federal and state legal and regulatory requirements. The position works with Board members, officers, other employees, shareholders, and vendors, and works in close coordination with other PG&E organizations and departments (various corporate services functions as well as the operating lines of business).
- Works closely with the Vice President, Deputy General Counsel, and Corporate Secretary, the other two Assistant Corporate Secretaries and Board Liaisons on matters relating to the Boards of Directors, Board committees, and certain officer committees of PG&E Corporation and Pacific Gas and Electric Company (Utility). This includes preparing, editing, and coordinating officer review of agendas and materials for Board and committee meetings; preparing minutes of such meetings; and/or handling or overseeing the payment of compensation to current and retired directors and related tax reporting (annual IRS Forms 1099-MISC and 1096).
- Responsible for various activities relating to the annual meeting of shareholders, such as preparing or overseeing the preparation of information for the proxy statement; managing the planning, logistics, and arrangements for the annual meeting; and/or communicating with shareholders regarding shareholder proposals.
- Responsible for ensuring that PG&E Corporation, the Utility, and their respective subsidiaries and affiliates comply with various legal and regulatory requirements, including applicable requirements under federal and state securities and corporate laws, stock exchange rules, and/or the provisions of agreements associated with PG&E debt and equity securities.
- Responsible for gathering and analyzing data, summarizing findings, and making recommendations on corporate governance requirements, developments, and best practices and for coordinating the implementation of new or modified governance policies and practices.
- Responsible for ensuring that directors and officers of PG&E Corporation and the Utility comply with applicable Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) reporting requirements. This includes preparing and filing, or overseeing the preparation and filing of, SEC reports regarding their ownership of and transactions in PG&E Corporation and Utility securities (SEC Form 3, 4, and 5 reports) and/or FERC reports regarding their interlocking positions with other companies (annual FERC Form 561 reports).
- Assist with director and officer training on corporate governance issues.