Oversee operational and administrative functions for the Regulatory Affairs unit. This position is primarily responsible for directing, administering, and coordinating operations to achieve optimal effectiveness within Regulatory Affairs. This leader also serves as the regulatory affairs liaison to other administrative and people services (e.g., finance, human resources, legal affairs, communications and championships). In addition, this role will serve as part of the AMA leadership team assisting the vice president of academic and membership affairs (AMA) in the
development and implementation of departmental initiatives and policies designed to fulfill the AMA mission and business function.
· Manage group operational function within broader national office operations.
· Develop business critical goals to support broad functional objectives of regulatory affairs.
· Coordinate and manage, in alignment with inclusion and human resources, the onboarding, orientation and training program for new or promoted regulatory affairs employees.
· Oversee implementation of regulatory affairs’ communications plan, assist in executing specific objectives related to effective external communication and partner with the communications staff to achieve the units communications goals.
· Coordinate semi-annual town hall meetings for regulatory affairs staff.
· Organize and create a periodic regulatory affairs self-study.
· Coordinate a periodic review and report on the new regulatory affairs responsibilities from the Rice Commission.
· Facilitate NCAA policies, procedures and practices as developed and directed by Human Resources and/or the Senior Management Team applicable to all NCAA staff and if any specific to Regulatory Affairs.
· Direct all administrative, financial, and operational activities for executive vice president of regulatory affairs.
· Organize and prioritize critical issues and required information to help facilitate efficient decision making.
· Serve as a point of contact between regulatory affairs leadership team and other stakeholders.
· Provide support to high priority projects as directed by the Executive Vice President of Regulatory Affairs.
· May act as an advisor to the executive vice president of regulatory affairs on issues impacting staff and/or NCAA membership.
· Work with other AMA managing directors and the vice president of AMA in the execution of AMA objectives.
· Oversee the execution of special projects as directed by the vice president of AMA.
· Develop and sustain a departmental culture that emphasizes partnership with the membership and units within the national office.
· 10 years’ experience in operational efficiency and practice
· Seven years’ progressive leadership and supervisory experience
· Seven years’ experience in decision making, considering data and metrics analysis to make sound business decisions.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
The NCAA national office is the staff and the bricks-and-mortar office building in Indianapolis. The 500-plus employees at the national office provide advice and counsel to the governance and playing rules committees, interpret legislation, enforce NCAA bylaws, provide legal advice, run championships, administer education and youth programs and communicate with the NCAA membership and the public.