Position is responsible for specialized support functions of the enterprise board of directors and committees, all board compensation including monthly retainers, meeting fees, deferred compensation program and serves as the primary point of contact for compliance, regulatory and licensing requirements and special projects. Provides support for board director meetings and serves as a back up in the absence of the Board Relations Specialist.
- Lead board compensation program including retainers, fees, matching gift program, and deferred compensation program.
- Lead various state licensing and regulatory requirements for all enterprise entities including coordination with Regulatory Services, board directors and corporate officers.
- Accurately interprets state rules and regulations; further interprets and communicates appropriate board/department protocols, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Lead department of insurance audit examinations and external auditor requests as it relates to board directors and corporate officers.
- Facilitate board director and corporate officer compliance requirements including conflict of other interests and executive outside board participation.
- Manage board of director and committee meeting material development, review and approval process including collaboration with executive staff and other key personnel.
- Manage board of director and committee meeting preparation including collaboration with departments across the enterprise.
- Use initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines; develop and implement improved office procedures and technology; organize own work, set priorities and meet critical deadlines.
- Liaison with BCBSM Board Relations counterpart on board related matters.
- Conduct research for various board related initiatives or projects and prepare executive summaries, and/or proposals and report findings.
- Oversee the maintenance of corporate records; oversee annual reporting and verification of forms from board directors.
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, processes, procedures and systems.
- Maintain confidentiality.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.