1. Design, plan, teach, and assess multiple language skill courses for L2 learners of varying language proficiency levels. Courses taught are zero credit and may include reading, writing, and oral communication skills.
2. Conduct entrance and exit testing for appropriate class placement, participate in student orientation, and contribute to the administrative tasks of the ELP.
3. Advise students taking classes in the ELP.
4. Contribute to development and delivery of ELP student activities.
Note: This position is occasionally required to work during the evening and on weekends.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review begins 3/25/2019
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; and 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate). If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at email@example.com or (507) 457-2766.
APPOINTMENT DATE: June 2019
RANK: ASF, Range B
SALARY: Commensurate w/ Experience
TYPE OF APPOINTMENT: Fixed-Term/Part-Time
POSITION AVAILABLE PENDING BUDGETARY APPROVAL.
• While these positions are part-time and are not eligible for insurance benefits, the successful candidates will be eligible for vacation leave, sick leave, retirement, etc.
• All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States.
• If hired, official transcript(s) must be provided to Human Resources prior to first duty day.
• Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement between the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Board of Trustees and Minnesota State University Association of Administrative and Service Faculty (MSUAASF) which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/index.html
• In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, faculty and staff driving on college/university business, who use a rental or state vehicle, shall be required to complete a vehicle Use Agreement form and conform to Minnesota State College and Universities vehicle use criteria and consent to a motor vehicle records check.
• Persons writing letters of reference should be advised of Minnesota's open record law which can make such letters available to applicants upon request.
A member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System. An equal opportunity educator and employer. Women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
• Master's Degree in TESOL at the time of hire or
• Master's in a closely related field at the time of hire with evidence of the following provided: graduate course work in linguistics and English linguistics, second-language pedagogy, and second-language assessment.
• 2+ years' experience in an accredited Intensive English Program (IEP) or other higher education ESL setting (one year as a graduate student working in an IEP program teaching a minimum of 4 courses equals one year of experience).
• Multicultural and cross-cultural sensitivity and a firm grasp of world geography.
• Excellent communication skills, both in writing and speaking.
• Experience living or working abroad in a non-English speaking environment.
Additional Salary Information: WSU offers a comprehensive benefit package including life, health and dental insurance, a retirement program, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, as well as a variety of other benefits as defined by the individual Collective Bargaining Agreements.
For information on our benefits (Medical and Dental Insurance; Life Insurance; Disability and Long-Term Care; Pre-Tax Benefits; and Health and Wellness), please refer to SEGIP's website (http://mn.gov/mmb/segip/index.jsp).
For information on Minnesota State's Retirement Plan(s), please go to: http://www.minnstate.edu/system/hr/employees/retirement/index.html
Internal Number: ASF181940
About Winona State University, English Language Programs
English Language Programs (ELP) provides English language training to international students who wish to satisfy the English language requirement for admission to Winona State University and/or to improve their English language skills while experiencing U.S. culture.The center provides an intensive English program that offers four levels of English instruction to build the skills necessary for academic success and career advancement.ELP serves the following types of students:Prospective undergraduate students with no TOEFL score or with a score that is below the admission requirement for colleges and universities in the United StatesInternational students who are seeking conditional admission to Winona State UniversityStudents who are admitted to a college or a university in the United States but wish to further improve their English language abilitiesStudents who wish to develop their English language abilities for professional purposesDomestic students whose first languages are not English