Are you an attorney tired of grinding-out long hours in a law firm? Do you dream of a challenging and fulfilling legal career that also offers you the healthy work-life balance necessary to juggle the demands of your busy life? Are you looking for stable compensation that is not dependent on billable hours or finding your own clients? Do you want to put down roots with a company and grow for the next 10+ years?
We are hiring a Corporate Counsel to work in our corporate office. The ideal candidate is someone who has practiced for at least two years post-graduation with a Juris Doctor. They must be admitted to the bar in at least one state; however, it does not need to be in Nebraska. Our preference is for an attorney who is open to a broad practice rather than specializing in one area. A background in insurance law, litigation, compliance issues, family practice, workers' compensation, or collections is desirable. We are willing to help the right person deepen their knowledge of insurance law.
High-performing attorneys in our office are:
- Adaptable: We are a billion-dollar company with offices across the United States. We need someone who can quickly acclimate to and accept change in their environment as we grow.
- Courageous: We need someone who has the courage to ask the hard questions while diplomatically navigating office politics.
- Eager to learn: We expect our legal professionals to stay abreast of changes in the industry and we financially support the pursuit of CLE's, continuing education, and industry certifications.
We are looking for candidates with:
- JD degree. You must be licensed to practice in at least one state. CPCU/AIC designations helpful.
- Two years' experience as a practicing attorney.
- Strong attention to detail with above average multi-tasking skills and the ability to adapt quickly to situations that require immediate transition.
Who we are:
Great West Casualty Company provides specialized insurance products unique to the trucking industry and outstanding customer service to the thousands of truck drivers and trucking companies we serve. Over the past 60 years, we have grown to five offices serving insureds in over 40 states. We are now one of America's largest insurers of trucking companies. If your passion is to help others, you value education and continuous improvement, you enjoy participating in community activities, and you want to be valued for your contributions, come be part of our successful team.
Why work for us?
We offer you a challenging career with a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
- A 37.5 hour work week.
- A formal Management Development Program.
- Paid study materials, exam fees, study day, and monetary awards for professional development.
- Paid vacation and sick leave.
- Opportunities to impact the organization through participation in committees (Green Team, Fun Committee, etc.).
- Support of a healthy lifestyle through a wellness program and gym subsidy.
This position qualifies for relocation assistance. To learn more about Great West and our office locations, please visit our website www.gwccnet.com.
Great West Casualty Company