Spartanburg South Carolina Housing Authority seeks a new Chief Executive Officer to lead and coordinate the activities of the organization. The CEO provides executive leadership work in directing, planning, organizing, and coordinating all SHA programs and activities. The CEO serves in an advisory capacity to the Board on matters of policy, strategic initiatives, and economic feasibility and provides information and recommendations to support board governance.
Major responsibilities of the CEO position include:
• Provides strategic organizational leadership and focuses on managing resources to accomplish results.
• Works with the SHA Board, senior management, community partners, stakeholders and residents to address the organization’s future strategy and position in the affordable housing market.
• Directs the preparation and administration of annual and capital budgets, provides periodic reports, and recommends adjustments as needed.
• Maintains current knowledge of HUD policies, procedures and requirements and makes recommendations to ensure SHA compliance.
• Collaborates with community partners, the City of Spartanburg, and local, state and federal agencies to develop new programs to serve organizational and community goals.
• Directs, through the senior management team, programs, functions, and activities of all agency departments including finance and administration, development, redevelopment, and affordable housing.
• Develops and implements policies and procedures; determines the overall effectiveness of programs, operations, and activities.
• Attends meetings, hearings, conferences, and public functions; serves on boards and commissions as a SHA representative and oversees staff members who function as liaisons between the authority and various agencies.
The successful candidate must have a Bachelor's degree in public administration, business or finance administration, or a related field, Master’s degree preferred, and seven years of progressively responsible experience in agencies providing and developing affordable housing or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with a governing board, managing agency operations and staff, and interacting with state and federal housing agencies is required. Candidates must have strong interpersonal and communications skills.
Qualified candidates will have experience in RAD and demonstrate experience in financing and developing affordable housing, mixed-income, mixed-use and market rate developments, including the use of low-income housing tax credits. Residency in the County is required.
Additional Salary Information: SHA will offer a competitive salary range commensurate with the successful candidate’s qualifications and experience and a competitive benefits package provided through South Carolina Public Employee Benefit Authority (PEBA). Relocation assistance is negotiable.