This position is full-time during the academic year and part-time (20 hours/week) during the months of June and July.
Duties associated with this position include: 1. Term Course, Curriculum and Room Scheduling: (a) Assist with the coordination of our campus centralized Event Management System. Collaborate with academic and non-academic departments to ensure the system reflects courses and events accurately. Assist with campus space usage report writing. Coordinate monthly on-campus user group meetings. (b) In the absence of the Senior Associate Registrar, serve as administrator for curriculum entry processing including, New Course entry, curriculum revisions and reporting. (c) In the absence of the Senior Associate Registrar serve administrator for campus centralized term course entry. Work with all academic departments across campus to Process term-based course changes in a centralized environment, registration edit updates, and classroom changes in both systems. Coordinate and assist with course entry at WSU-Rochester.
2. Course Substitutions & Outgoing Transcripts: Coordinate Course Substitutions and consortium course entry. Work within DARS to encode and update course substitutions and consortium courses in a student's record. Collaborate with Academic Departments for Course Substitutions. Process and act as the back-up for transcript coordination. Assist the Senior Associate Registrar and the Business Office with transaction reports to balance incoming deposits from e-transcripts.
3. Study Abroad: Advise students applying to study away in both Registration and Financial Aid. Assist with selecting degree applicable coursework and discuss financial aid coverage and eligibility with each applicant. Review proposed courses and approve equivalencies
4. Warrior Hub Enrollment Services: (a) Intake, review, and process various customer inquiries and workflows across departments represented within Warrior Hub Enrollment Services area to completion including collaborating with other areas and escalating instances as appropriate. (b) Resolve complicated records and registration, financial aid, and other enrollment service inquiry requiring professional judgment and decision-making. (c) Collaborate with Warrior Hub staff members to accomplish shared workloads during peak times. (e.g., Registrations, Commencement, co-curricular transcript approvals, consortium credit evaluation, transfer transcripts etc.) Overseeing student processes which relate to Declaration of Major/Minor, Advisor updates, Grad App Tracking, etc.
5. Registration Appeals: Coordinate the intake, recording, and campus communication for Student Registration Appeals. Work directly with students and families with highly sensitive situations to counsel and assist each student as they complete the necessary packet. Coordinate with the campus Registration Appeals Committee to facilitate reviews and send out decisions.
Note: 1. May require some evening and weekend hours 2. Some lifting and carrying of materials; pushing the portable cart, etc
1. Bachelor's Degree 2. Two years of experience in professional guest or service related relations, information management, project coordination, student development, or enrollment services.
1. Master's degree 2. Excellent writing and oral communication skills 3. Ability to formulate solutions to complex, multi-facet problems 4. Ability to interact effectively with a diverse population 5. Technical skills to use innovative technology 6. Process detailed student record, course and curriculum update workflows 7. Be an innovative, critical thinker 8. Possess strong interpersonal skills 9. Knowledge of student development 10. Knowledge of degree audit 11. Knowledge of financial aid process and procedures and possess 12. A respect for students and the academic enterprise.
APPLICATION MATERIALS: In addition to completing the online application, please attach the following to your application: 1) A cover letter addressing how you meet the responsibilities and qualifications; 2) Resume/CV; 3) Transcripts (undergraduate and graduate); and 4) a list of at least 3 references, with addresses and telephone numbers. If you have questions regarding your application, please contact Lori Mikl, Director of Affirmative Action/Equity & Legal Affairs, Winona State University at email@example.com or (507) 457-2766.
Vehicle Notice: NOTICE : In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (Minnesota State) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to Minnesota State's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check. Institution: WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY Eeo Notice: Minnesota State Colleges and Universities is an Equal Opportunity employer/educator committed to the principles of diversity. We prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their race, sex, color, creed, religion, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or membership in a local commission as defined by law. As an affirmative action employer, we actively seek and encourage applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. All applicants must be able to lawfully accept employment in the United States at the time of employment. For TTY, call Minnesota Relay Service at 7-1-1- or 1-800-627-3529.
Internal Number: 17683
About WINONA STATE UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1858, Winona State University is a comprehensive public university with close to 8,900 students. The oldest member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System, Winona State offers 80 undergraduate, pre-professional, licensure, graduate, and doctorate programs on its three campuses: the original Main Campus in Winona, the West Campus in Winona, and Winona State University-Rochester.